Thursday, January 19, 2012
To start off, my son was born at 33 weeks 3 days, and my milk supply was low to begin with. Since he was in the NICU and I couldn't breastfeed, I pumped. I pumped about 6 times a day, even though I should have been pumping more. It was the most stressful thing I have ever dealt with because I wanted to breastfeed SO BAD! But since my supply was low, I felt discouraged. I was about to give up, but was told by my midwife to try domperidone. Well, I ordered it online, since I read many reviews about it, and people said they ordered it here.

It was a miracle, seriously. Within 2 days, my supply went up. Since I felt so discouraged and ready to give up, I pumped less and less. I was pumping only 1 time to 2 times a day, and so my supply went down even more than it was initially. But then once I started taking domperidone, it has been going up and up. I am so glad I did not give up.


Here is how it went:

Day 1, I pumped only 26 ml, pumped 6 times, that's what I got total.

Day 2, it went up to 80 ml, pumped 7 times

Day 3, it was 80 ml again, but I only pumped 5 times

Day 4, went to 86, pumped 5 times

Day 5, went to 94, pumped 5 times

Day 6, went to 108, pumped 5 times

Day 7, went to 123, pumped 5 times

Breastfeeding seemed impossible because not only was my son fed by bottles since the beginning, but my supply was also low. Well since it's been going up, I've started working with him on breastfeeding with the nipple shield. And it worked! He seems to be getting a lot, since before when I tried he would cry since not much would come out. Domperidone has saved me, seriously. Now I am breastfeeding and pumping, so I can't tell exactly what amount I'm getting. But I get about 2oz each pumping after breastfeeding and that's just almost 2 weeks being on it. I do still have to give him formula, but we're working towards maybe getting rid of that altogether. He eats so much, and I am not able to give him just breast milk at this point. Maybe it'll happen though! I have hope, since it's increased my supply so much from when I started, even if it's not a lot yet, it's on its way up.

Honestly, i didn't think there was hope for me, and right now I'm just trying to build my milk supply back up, and then hopefully get more and more. As you can see there, my supply was VERY low because I almost stopped pumping all together, so I had to build it back up again. Right now I take 3 pills 3 times a day.

I would highly recommend Domperidone to anyone stressed about their supply, or feeling like there's nothing they can do, and want to give up. Try this, it really did work for me, and I couldn't be happier. I hope it will keep increasing, but at least I now have hope instead of feeling awful about it and crying over it so much. I felt like I failed him as a mom, but now I feel better and hopefully it'll just keep getting better and end up at a point where I can actually freeze some too.

0 comments:

Precious and priceless so lovable too, the world’s sweetest littlest miracle is, a baby like you.

Join us on Facebook!

Contributors

Popular Posts

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive