Saturday, April 13, 2013
Kaidynn James, 29 weeker


Kaidynn James was born at 29 weeks. He was 3 pounds 8 ounces. Around 2 weeks old, things were looking great. Around 2 and a half weeks old they told us Kaidynn had a PDA/heart murmur. Not knowing anything about that, I was freaking out. 

Being teen parents, we didn't have anyone there for us besides our parents, but our parents weren't to happy with us either because they only got to see Kaidynn for a short period of time during their visits. At 3 weeks and 1 day old, Kaidynn had his heart surgery. 

After being on a ventilator for 3 day, he finally got put on regular oxygen supply thru a nosepiece. Since he was born with no sucking reflex, the doctors and nurses had to help teach him how to suck. Finally at 4 And a half weeks old, I got to feed my son his first bottle. He remained on oxygen until 7 and a half weeks old. He would do so good on his oxygen one day, then the next day he wasn't doing so well with the lower amounts of oxygen given to him so they had to up his oxygen. I knew he was a fighter. You could see it in his eyes. After praying and praying, he finally got the breathing thing down. 

When he was 8 weeks old, I went for my daily morning feeding and bonding time. His doctor came in, and she told me the news I had been dreaming of hearing since I found out I was pregnant. Your child is ready to come home. I was shocked. They told me he would at least be there till his due date, maybe longer because of the heart surgery. So at 8 weeks and 2 days old, I FINALLY got to put him in his carseat and in the car and head 35 minutes back to our house. I was shocked, scared, excited, and every other emotion possible. 

Now we will be 9 months on the 26th. He has two teeth. He sits up on his own, and we are starting to crawl! I always knew he was a fighter. He has showed us that you can overcome any obstacle put in your way. I still call up to the NICU at times to check and make sure the nurses are doing okay. Over our period of time spent in the NICU, they became family to us. I thank God everyday for my little miracle.

1 comments:

Belinha Ruiz said...

I want to share with you all on how I got my loan from a very good and honest loan company registered in the USA, as I was applying as a start-up loan it took me several documents to meet up with their conditions but God Willing I got through and it was smooth to work with as an entrepreneur.
Contact Whatsapp : +18632310632 / pedroloanss@gmail.com for all kinds of financial assistance such as loans and investment facility.

Precious and priceless so lovable too, the world’s sweetest littlest miracle is, a baby like you.

Join us on Facebook!

Contributors

Popular Posts

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive