Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Nicholas was born 2 days shy of 32 weeks due to sever PreE that came out of nowhere. Fortunately for everyone I happened to be taking my blood pressure at home when I noticed an unusual spike. Being the nag that I am, I immediately emailed my doc and was ordered to go to the hospital for monitoring. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't able to leave the hospital until after being hooked up to every machine in the hospital and consequently delivering a baby boy weighing in at 2 lbs 13 oz. Although he was extremely small he had a relatively uneventful stay, notwithstanding the small NEC scare, and he was discharged after 42 days. Because we caught the PreE so early on I was able to get both steroid shots which I believe helped him out a lot.



Fast forward 15 months and Nick is a very active toddler and seems to be "all boy". He last weighed in at 21 pounds and was in the 4th percentile for his actual age (I did a dance in the Peds office since this was the first time he was ever on the charts for anything other than head circumference). He is not yet walking or talking which is a question I get asked every day and it irks the crap out of me. I believe that one day soon he's just going to start talking in complete sentences. As a preemie mom I'm just now getting to a place where thinking about any of this doesn't bring me to tears. I look at all the great things that Nicholas can do and try to go from there.


Here is a link to my blog which has a slightly more detailed birth "story". I also plan on updating it more frequently now that I'm closer to normal. http://adventuresofthemoo.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Precious and priceless so lovable too, the world’s sweetest littlest miracle is, a baby like you.

Join us on Facebook!

Contributors

Popular Posts

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive