Thursday, December 29, 2011
Enjoying a strip of red pepper .

I’d never heard of baby-led weaning (BLW) before reading about it on TheBump. I’d been planning to make my own baby food before I learned babies didn’t need to start on purees.

You mean, I can just give them food?

That sounded much easier to me and my husband. “Hey, did you know you don’t have to give a baby mushy food?” I asked. “No. Then, why would we?”

We wouldn’t. Instead we’re taking the BLW-route which is a different path to the same result.

The method has existed for a long time, but the term is new. It was coined by Gill Rapley who wrote Baby-led Weaning as well as an accompanying cookbook.

When deciding to BLW a preemie go by adjusted age and read your baby’s cues. I’ve felt that using this method has gotten me even further in tune with my son.

My blog can be found at Urban Flowerpot where I talk about raising Tristan and other fun things.

For more information on BLW I suggest reading the book and finding the BLW group on FB.

You can also visit these sites:

http://www.rapleyweaning.com/
And, why not watch this sweet video made by Housewife Confidential?

1 comments:

Kat - Housewife Confidential said...

Thank you for including my video. Kat xoxo

Precious and priceless so lovable too, the world’s sweetest littlest miracle is, a baby like you.

Join us on Facebook!

Contributors

Popular Posts

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive